Monday, April 21, 2008

My roommates are a blessing

My roommates are such an incredible blessing. All of them. I'm thankful I have the opportunity to share life, the good and the bad, with them, and they with me, and we can walk through it together. One thing's for sure, none of us have this thing called life really figured out.

My roommate Tyler was playing the song, "Come Thou Fount," in his room today on his computer. I lost it, began to cry, struck by the powerful lyrics that speak the truth of Jesus' love for us.

Jesus saught me when a stranger
Wandering from the fold of God
He to rescure me from danger
Interposed His precious blood

Oh to grace how great a debtor
Daily I'm constrained to be
Let Thy goodness like a fetter
Bind my wandering heart to Thee

Prone to wander Lord I feel it
Prone to leave this God I love
Here's my heart Lord
Take and seal it
Seal it for Thy courts above....

Thinking on how Jesus gave Himself because of His love for the world... how Jesus saught me when I didn't know any better by interposing His precious blood. Man, overwhelmed. It certainly puts things in perspective.

I'm in a season of reflection, at least for the next few days, but my prayer is Jesus is at the forefront of my thoughts, that His sacrifice for me would put everything else in life in perspective, and that I would love people with the extravagant love He has shown me.

Hope you all are trying as I to figure out what it means to live in light of the Gospel through the help of Jesus.

No comments: