Friday, April 25, 2008

Coffee-no-food-shakey

For you coffee drinkers, you know where I'm coming from. In fact, I'm pretty sure it's only the coffee drinkers that really know what I'm talking about. If you drink coffee on an empty stomach, just wait. If you have no food, it's only a matter of time before the jitters start - the kind of jitters that make it impossible for you to hold your hand steady.

This is not the case with you mountain dew drinkers, or you dri
nkers that have other sources of caffeine, because with your source of caffeine is a source of calories. Mountain dew, pop, diet pop, all of those caffeine sources have some caloric content. And the caloric content makes it so these jitters won't hit you as hard because you have something in your tummy. Coffee, on the other hand, has little to no caloric content, which means you're basically drinking straight caffeine.

So here I sit, thinking I should probably eat something soon because I'm coffee-no-food-shakey. There's work to be done today though, plenty of it actually. I'm trying to manage my time well, and at the same time take a break every now and then (like I'm doing right now) to collect my thoughts.

For the record, it was time for Carly to go on American Idol, and I'm a David Cook fan to the end. The new Jacob's Well website is sweet, props to Brian. And I'm heading to Rochtown later today to teach at a youth conference tomorrow for 13-18 year old students, which I'm stoked and scared about at the same time. I'm used to addressing college students, I've forgotten what it was like to be in high school, and so I'm trying hard to remember and asking my sister for advice. Oh ya, and after Rochester, Sunday Clint and I are taking off for Kansas City to speak to a class of seminary students about church planting and Jacob's Well, which is cool.

I'm bummed I'm going to miss the first Sunday Gathering at the Stadium Village Church Building, but I know it's going to be a sweet time. I had a dream about last night - little weird, guess that means I've been thinking a lot about it. I just hope the first Sunday Gathering at SVC is as sweet as it was in my dream.

And by the way, all this is coming to you from Overflow Coffee, which will be my favorite "office spot" for a long time to come.

No comments: